Dear taxpayer, the income tax department is happy to inform the launch of its new e-filing portal www.incometax.gov.in on 7th june, 2021.
New e-filing website (www.incometax.gov.in) has been launched. With the launch of the new e-filing portal, the Income Tax Department is also going to launch free ITR preparation software for Form ITR-1, ITR-2. Income Tax Department is going to launch its new e-filing portal www.incometax.gov.in on June 7, 2021.
The portal will provide convenience and a “modern, seamless experience” to the taxpayers. The Income Tax Department in its message said – “Dear Taxpayers, Income Tax Department is pleased to inform about the launch of its new e-filing portal www.incometax.gov.in on 7th June 2021.”
By the way, let us tell you that this new portal was not opening till 11:30 am today. Income Tax Department has tweeted on Twitter- “We are as excited about the new portal as our users! We are in the final stages of the roll-out of the new portal and it will be available shortly. We appreciate your patience as we move towards rolling it out soon. Moving in. I am working,” the tax department tweeted at 9 am. It is a matter of happiness for common people that Income Tax Department has announced to make available preparation software for Form ITR-1, ITR-2 and 4. The launch of free ITR preparation software along with the new e-filing portal will make it easier for people to understand ITR.
Earlier in a statement, the Finance Ministry had said, “Free ITR preparation software is available with lots of queries to help taxpayers for ITR 1, 4 (Online & Offline) and ITR 2 (Offline); and ITR New facility to prepare 3, 5, 6, 7 will be made available soon.
New ITR e-filing website link
You can access the new e-filing website at www.incometax.gov.in.
New e-Filing Portal Features and Benefits
- Speedy processing of Income Tax Returns (ITR) for faster issuance of refunds to taxpayers
- You can easily access your pending tasks on your dashboard.
- Taxpayers can easily update their profile in the new portal. You can update your income details including salary, house property, business/profession. This will be helpful in pre-filing their ITR.
- Provided new call center for the taxpayer. It helps you for your inquiry or complaint and quick response to the queries of the taxpayers.
- Detailed FAQ, user manual, video and chatbot/live agent also provided;
- The facility will be available for filing of income tax forms, involving tax professionals, faceless inquiry or submission of response to notices in appeals.