When can we download windows 11
Later in calendar year 2021, Windows 11 will be available as a free update for compatible Windows 10 devices. Windows 11 will also be offered on new devices that qualify.
Windows 11 will be available through the same familiar channels you use today for Windows 10 feature upgrades for administrators controlling devices on behalf of your business. Existing deployment and administration tools will remain available, including Windows Update for Business, Microsoft Endpoint Manager, and Windows Autopilot.
Windows 11 updates will be delivered to eligible Windows 10 devices via Windows Update, which uses Microsoft’s intelligent rollout approach to guarantee a seamless upgrade experience for devices not managed by an organization.
Introduction – Windows 11
Windows 11 is the next step in the evolution of the Windows operating system, and it is the most significant upgrade since Windows 10. It includes a number of improvements aimed at increasing end-user productivity in a new, flexible and fluid environment. Windows 11 is the most reliable, secure, connected and performing Windows operating system ever, supporting today’s hybrid work environment.
Since Windows 11 is based on the same premise as Windows 10, your existing updates and device management features will continue to work. Windows 11 also promises installed application compatibility with Windows 10, which is reinforced by tools like App Assure.
Hardware requirements for Windows 11
Devices must meet the following minimum hardware requirements in order to install or upgrade Windows 11:
- Processor: 1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster on a suitable 64-bit processor or system on a chip with two or more cores (SoC).
- RAM: 4 gigabytes (GB) or more.
- Storage: To install Windows 11, you’ll need 64 GB* of accessible storage or more. Additional storage space may be required to download updates and enable some features.
- Graphics card: With the WDDM 2.0 driver, it is compatible with DirectX 12 or later.
- System firmware: Firmware for the system: Secure Boot is supported by UEFI.
- Display: 8 bits per color channel, High Definition (720p) display, 9″ or larger monitor
- Internet Connection: Internet access is required to update as well as download and use some features.
Compatibility for Window 11
Most Windows 10 accessories and its accompanying drivers are expected to work with Windows 11. For more information, contact the manufacturer of your item.
Windows 11 holds the promise of installed application compatibility with Windows 10, and does not require any modifications to existing support processes or infrastructure to keep apps and devices running. Customers using Microsoft 365 can continue to use products like App Assure and FastTrack to help their IT teams customize and manage Windows 11.